Re: kernel 2.2.0

On 28 Jan 1999q, stephen.p.ryan@dartmouth.edu wrote:
> On 28 Jan, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > On a slightly different theme, will there be patches available to upgrade
> > 2.0.36 to 2.2.0, or do we have to start afresh?  As this would be a 12 Meg
> > download, it would take a long time and be expensive :(
> >

> > Anthony
> >

> I'm afraid that enough has changed that you'd have a 12 Meg patch.
> OTOH, rumor on the developer list has it that the 2.2 kernel source
> will be included in slink, so it should be available if you get a slink
> cd (if you can wait that long :-)
>
> --
> Stephen Ryan                   Debian GNU/Linux
> Mathematics graduate student, Dartmouth College

I was afraid that would be the answer.  There is actually a more compressed
version, with a bz suffix; it is *only* about 10 Meg. But how do you
decompress this?

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell  -  running Linux Debian 2.0
acampbell@achc.demon.co.uk  http://www.achc.demon.co.uk

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on..."   - Edward Fitzgerald (Rubaiat of Omar Khayyam)