[OFF-TOPIC] CRC errors & 33.6 3 COM external modem

Hey all,

been spending time upgrading hardway. I aquired a 33.6 3Com external modem.
Quite a boost from my old 14.4...I quess If I did get so many F#$ CRC
errors.

I've tried what the manual syas to do ....

load AT&F1 no luck, different phone line. Lower the port rate .... no luck.
I use minicom to connect to a free net to connect to the net to download
.debs. I'm starting to think that maybe the problem is minicom or lsrz?

Has anyone run into this problem? Anyone have a suggestion. Is there an
alternative somewhere to lsrz.

Rod..