Re: 2.2.0 kernel broke sound

Thu, 28 Jan skrev Matt Garman:

> Before upgrading to kernel 2.2.0, I had sound working perfectly.  I
> have a SoundBlaster AWE 32 plug'n'play (ISA).  With my 2.0.x kernels,
> I used isapnp, then loaded sound as a module (automatically by
> kerneld).

I also have problems with sound after upgrading to kernel 2.2.0. /dev/sndstat
is unchanged, but I'm not able to get sound out of my card. I use the CS4232
driver.

The only error message I'm able to get is from rvplayer, which tells me:

****audio: write error: 578 bytes errno: 0

Other sound-players just don't do what they are expected to do. mpg123 and
freeamp seems to play, but no there's no sound.

What adress is appropriate for bug-reports?

--
Åsmund Ødegård
http://www.ifi.uio.no/~aasmundo/sider/main.html