RDBMS - Relational Database Management Systems

Hi Patrick,
Here is a web site I've found few days ago. It helped me to understand
database and gave me some good links too on comparison os different
databases and graphical interfaces.

Hope that will you help, brahima

http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/rdbms.html
Title: RDBMS - Relational Database Management Systems
Christopher B. Browne's Home Page
cbbrowne@hex.net

RDBMS - Relational Database Management Systems

Christopher Browne

Table of Contents
Other RDBMS Web Resources for Linux
Database Classifications
SQL Databases
SQL Database Tools
Query and Reporting Tools
``Middleware'' - Interfaces to Databases
Transaction Processing Monitors
xBase Databases
Other Linux Databases
Other Database Stuff

This page is devoted to information about relational database systems, primarily dealing with those database systems available under Linux.

Warning

In the interests of being reasonably friendly to all vendors, I don't express too many opinions with regard to which database is ``best.'' I don't have any strong opinions on the matter; users' preferences will vary greatly based on their needs.

Other RDBMS Web Resources for Linux

This web page is watched by Web Watcher

Other web pages with some fairly decent descriptions of Linux-based DBMSes include:

Does this duplication of effort seem unfortunate to you? It does to me...

I also have a web page that discusses text databases, and one that discusses spreadsheets, both of which represent contrasting views and approaches to information management.