Re: new kernel release

>> > I had a couple, though it was on the last pre that called itself 2.2.0:
>> > a) it was not possible to change the irq for soundblaster to the value=20
>> > most cards use (5, and it defaults to 7?  or is it vice versa).

>> You can pass parameters to modules when insmod'ing them,
>> ie insmod sb irq=3D5 etc.

Richard> hmm, i hadn't really thought of that; i've been relying on
Richard> autoloading.

I think you can use the right options even when auto-loading: add a
line like
 options sb irq=3D5
or whatever to /etc/conf.modules .
I've not tried it with a sound card, but that's how I set my network
card options with auto-loading.

--

  Gilbert Laycock                 email:          gtl1@mcs.le.ac.uk
  Maths and Computer Science,     http://www.mcs.le.ac.uk/~glaycock