Re: SB-AWE 64 and midi

On Tue, Jan 26, 1999 at 09:49:07PM -0600, Paul Miller wrote:
Hi Paul,
I solved the problem, however, it seems to be a card specific.
I do foolowing steps:
1. total reinstall 2.0.36-kernel-source
2. install the awe-drv and awe-midi packages from Debian/GNU Linux 2.1
   the libawe0.4 from Debian/GNU Linux 2.2(potato) still exist
3. execute the /usr/src/awedrv(install.sh script
4. build a new kernel with  kernel-package
5. reboot, all works fine
however, I really don't know what's solved the problem

> Is the 'awe_wave' module loaded?
I don't load the awe_wave module automatically:
often I like to send midi-data to the external midi-port of the SB
Card which is connected to a Roland SC-88 Midi-Expander(Sound-Modul)
with really good sounds much better, than the SB-internal sounds.
But unfortuanelety some programs only run which SB-internal sounds
only for this I do:
  sfxload synthgs.sbk

Thanks for Help
wish You all the best