Re: installing modules for parallel port

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Paul Nathan Puri wrote:

> I'm trying to set up my parallel port so that my printer will work properly.
That should be simple to do. Just enable the parallel printer options.

> I compiled 2.2 so that all this stuff is in modules that I would now have to
> insmod.  How do I do this for the parallel port?  How do I know what modules are currently running.  If there is say a plip parallel port modules installed I would need to remove it.

When you select the parallel printer port choose module. You can see what
modules where loaded by using 'lsmod'. Try man lsmod for more information.
You may also want to read HOWTOs in /usr/doc/HOWTO/ e.g. Printing-HOWTO

Daniel J. Mashao
Electrical Engineering                          daniel@comgate.ee.uct.ac.za
University of Cape Town	       	            http://www.ee.uct.ac.za/~daniel
Rondebosch, 7700, S. Africa         (w) 27+21+650 2816  (h) 27+21+705 8469