Re: Try to install Debian Linux 2.0, computer resets after loading linux.kernel

On Tue, Jan 26, 1999 at 11:33:09PM +0100, David Peterson wrote:

> It happens without any warnings, it loads root and linux image then "poof"
> reboot....what to do cant do anything, never comes to any install options
> just loadlin and then it loads a bit and computer reboots..please help me!

Have you tried using the tectra boot disks?  This is exactly what
happens when the fault that causes the regular versions to fail
manifests itself.  The only reason they are called "tectra" is that that
was where the fault was noticed.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/