Re: man missing ?

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999 MallarJ@aol.com wrote:

 : In a message dated 1/26/99 10:06:20 AM Central Standard Time,
 : d.wright@open.ac.uk writes:
 :
 : > Every package in the base installation has to be potentially /necessary/
 : >  for the installation process itself, not just desirable, i.e.
 : >  essential rather than important. For more details, see
 : >  /usr/doc/debian-policy/policy.text.gz section 2.3.6
 : >
 :
 : I installed my Debian system and it came complete with PPP, printer support,
 : PCMCIA support and ZIP drive support - how are all of those necessary for
 : installation?

Could it be because all of those, with the exception of printer support,
are possible installation methods?

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD