Re: GNUcash/Libs

Timothy Hospedales <timothy@smasher.rs.itd.umich.edu> writes:

> Hello! I am trying to get GNUCash to work; the binary distribution (1.1.23);
> converted with alien from rpm gives
> libXm.so.1 => not found
> libXmHTML.so.1.1 => not found
> libreadline.so.3 => not found
> Can anyone tell me what packages I need to get these libs?

Well, I don't know about that libreadline.so.3 (that looks weird - I
didn't think there was a readline with that version number), but those
other two libraries look like motif libraries - you can get libXm.so.1
from lesstif, but I don't know where to get the other ones.

Why don't you try the gnucash-gnome rpm?  That should be liked with
only libs from the gnome project, and you should be able to either
install it immediately or find the libs you need easily in Debian
packages.