Re: LILO and two disks...

On Tue, Jan 26, 1999 at 11:50:28AM +0000, John Carter wrote:
> I have got LILO up an working on 3 different PC's no problem.
> But this one gets me totally bamfoozled....
>
> Its quite simple. The guy has two hardisks in his PC. The PC is brand
> new with latest and greatest bios that knows about LBA etc.
>
> WinNT is on /dev/hda1, Linux is on /dev/hdc3.

LILO needs BIOS-level access to hdc3. Perhaps this doesn't work on that
system. Does /sbin/lilo give any warnings when you run it?

I suggest that you get BOOTPART, and let the NT boot manager run
first. When you pick Linux from the boot menu, the boot sector
stuff installed by BOOTPART will let you boot Linux. I have Debian
on hdb5 here and I use the NT loader first.

Hamish