Re: help

If you haven't already, I would also read over the Debian install
documentation that can be found here:

ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/disks-i386/current/install.html

If you have not done much partitioning, that is usually the toughest
step for most new users. The install document has a section on that
which should help. In addition, I would suggest taking a look at
Partition Magic 4.0 (even though it is a commercial program). Version
4.0 can work with Linux partitions and is the probably the simplest way
to partition a drive for dual booting, especially for newcomers. It's
manual has a lot of good information on it also.

Linux has it's own partitioning tools (fdisk, cfdisk), but I usually
prefer using either PM, or the open source Ranish Partition Manager
found here:

http://www.users.intercom.com/~ranish/part/

It's a DOS program now, but the author is considering porting it to
Linux from what I understand.

If you have any more specific questions, post again.

Tom

Tom