X Freeze 99

When working in X, I sometimes find that my screen becomes frozen or very
sluggish. On other occasions the mouse alone is very unresponsive. I
haven't found a pattern to it, although it seems to happen more often
when running Arena, Amaya, gzilla, and perhaps TkInfo (although I'm not
sure about the last one). Does anyone else experience this behavior? Does
anyone know a remedy? Some pertinent stats:

	200 Mhz 6x86 Cyrix processor
	64 MB SDRAM
	S3VirGe Video Card
	Running X with S3V server
	icewm (out of the box)
	xdm
	old vga monitor (the irony of it, considering s3v etc.)

TIA.

shawn_harrison@tyndale.com