Re: Is SupraExpress 288i PnP Modem a WinModem?

> I have a 56k SupraExpress that IS one of those stupid WinModems... Doesn't
> even work in Winblows sometimes.
> >To the best of my knowledge, it is NOT.
> >I strongly suggest you disable PNP. Then it should be pretty easy to get the
> >thingy running...
and I have 56K Supra also, I didn't even tried it at PNP mode.

It needs one extra jumper on it's big and cryptic jumper-battery, and you
must look jumper settings from PDF-file which came in Windows Driver CD.

I got it working only in COM2 (ttyS1) by disabling motherboard's COM2
first, but that's so because I didn't knew what I have to do in Debian's
settings so it sees new COM (COM3 or COM4).

Jarkko Niemi		--===(     RAM = Rarely Adequate Memory      )===--
jin@sci.fi		-=( finger jin@sci.fi or http://www.sci.fi/~jin )=-