Re: what cd-writer ?

Lawrence Walton <lawrence@otak-k.com> writes:

> I hate to disagree but... the symbios cards are great and they are
> generaly cheaper, faster and less trouble.
>

> On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Daniel J. Brosemer wrote:
>
> > Well, I can't in good conscience reccommend anything but an adaptec.  I've

I disagree with both. I've got a Mylex BT 950 (BusLogic) for my main machine
and a cheap Tekram DC 390 for a second one. The Mylex is SCSI-3 while
the Tekram just SCSI 2. I've read far too many complaints on
linux-kernel mail list about Adaptec's to recommend one.

The Mylex is at around 200 $ (at leas here in Italy), while the Terkam
is under 80

Pf

 Pierfrancesco Caci  | mailto:p.caci@flashnet.it - http://gusp.infogroup.it
       ik5pvx        |         http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/8999
  Firenze - Italia   | Office for the Complication of Otherwise Simple Affairs
     Linux penny 2.2.0-final #2 Thu Jan 21 23:41:42 CET 1999 i586 unknown