Re: Would like to drop Pine for Mutt

Quoting Peter Berlau (pberlau@muenster.de):
> On Sun, Jan 24, 1999 at 11:19:45PM +0200, Daniel Mashao wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> > I would like to drop pine to move to mutt but my main problem is that mutt
> > does not seem to have a folder listing like pine. I like the folder
> > listing as it allows me to move through all my folders and see if they
> > have new messages.
> You can add the folders in Your ~/.muttrc like
> mailboxes ! = jmb != thomas !=rainer ! =debian-de ! =debian-us !=debian
> mailboxes ! =isdn ! =~/Mail/slink ! =tex ! =Mail/mbox ! =sahrens
> I don't know if the '!' is always needed, but it works

Actually, the only folders that you need to define in this manner, are the
ones that you want Mutt to watch for new mail, such as various folders that
you may have procmail dump mail into.  Beyond that, anytime you are changing
folders, or saving to a folder, just hitting '?' will give you a list of all
available folders.  And lastly, no, the ! is not needed except the one time.
That merely tells mutt to monitor your spool for new mail.  Beyond that, the
'=' tells mutt to expand from your defined Mail directory.  the above
statement could be condensed down to something like:

mailboxes ! =jmb =thomas =rainer =debian-de =debian-us =debian =isdn

You get the picture.  This also assumes that you want mutt to watch ALL of
these folders for new mail.  You would also want to: set folder=~/Mail so
that mutt know where to start expanding from...

HTH,
jdk