Is SupraExpress 288i PnP Modem a WinModem?

I've just installed the base portion of potato and can't seem to
get a response from my SupraExpress 288i PnP modem. Does anyone
know if this is a winmodem?

PS. I tried searching the web (including the linux hardware
compatibility and the www.debian.org search engine, hoping it'd
be mentioned in the mail archives) for this info, and am kindda
under the impression that this modem will work with Linux, but
I'd like a definite "yes it works" or "no it doesn't" or "yes if
you do this and that and this"..

BTW, is it just me, or is the search engine on www.debian.org not
very good? I've NEVER found any info I was looking for with it.