Re: 1 swap vs. 2 swap partitions

On Sat, Jan 23, 1999 at 12:14:34PM -0500, Shaleh wrote:
> In general, no.  Swap is not really a big concern unless you are memory

    Doesn't this ignore the fact that having two heads working back and
forth is faster than just one?  Part of the reason people do raid arrays,
even at the lower levels, because they get all the heads working at the same
time and it lowers access time.  I'd think the same would apply to swap.

--
             Steve C. Lamb             | Opinions expressed by me are not my
    http://www.calweb.com/~morpheus    | employer's.  They hired me for my