Re: slink vs. staroffice 5.0

On Wed, Jan 20, 1999 at 07:50:49PM -0800, Ben Messinger wrote:
> I had staroffice 5.0 working under hamm, but it broke when I updated to
> slink. I am assuming due to differences in libc.so.6 between hamm and
> slink. Is this right? Is there a way to keep slink and still get
> staroffice working again? Everything else I use is working fine.
I'm using Debian/GNU Linux 2.1 slink - system with some
potato: wmaker, libwraster1
because the wmaker from slink breaks during installation the
wmaker from potato not, however, ??
last update made on 22.01.1999
soffice 5.0 still works, very slow I think but works
I have had some problems using it under wmaker, but I think
that was on a Debian/GNU 2.0 (hamm), can't remember correctly.
eventually You should try icewm, I'm using so5 with no problems
under icewm(my favorite)
maybe You must update some packages, or
did You use the libc6 which come with the staroffice-package
if so try using the "normally" libc6, which is
ii  libc6           2.0.7.19981211 GNU Libc: shared libraries
ii  libc6-dbg       2.0.7.19981211 GNU Libc: Debugging and Profiling libraries.
ii  libc6-dev       2.0.7.19981211 GNU Libc: Development libraries and header f
ii  libc6-pic       2.0.7.19981211 GNU Libc: PIC archive library

--
Peter Berlau
pberlau@muenster.de