Re: No sound with xcdroast (fwd)

--- Begin Message ---
> On Thu, Jan 21, 1999 at 08:49:42AM +0100, frleg@infonie.fr wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This question is not directly debian related but I don't know how to
> get my answer :
>
> When I burn audio CDs using xcdroast+cdrecord (last versions), all
> seems to work fine but when the CD is burned and I try to listen it,
> there is no sound at all (even if you can see that the CD has been
> burned). I tried to swap bytes, it didn't change anything.
  Hmmm.. the older versions of xcdroast can't rip the audio off IDE
  (and scsi emulation) drives. Apparently, there is a new version that
  can, which uses cdparanoia, but I haven't had any luck with that so
  far.

  Are you using an IDE CD-rom ? (if so, switch to CD-paranoia, that
  works for me)

	TimT.

 timt@dibbler.iaehv.nl        Voodoo Programmer/Keeper of the Rubber Chicken
To err is human; to purr divine. -Hobbes

--- End Message ---