RE: trouble installing debian -LILO freezing

An addendum to my 2 previous posts.

I can go all the way through setup: partitioning OK, loading devices OK,
installs and configures base system OK.  I chose not to configure PCMCIA
support this time, and I've stopped getting the "problem extracting Base
System from /target/base2_1.tgz" error message.

It's still, however, freezing up when starting LILO.  It just displays "LI"
and nothing else.  I thought I might try the TECRA disk, but from what I've
read, that doesn't seem to be necessary with slink and above.

I can boot from the boot disk (takes a long time, though).

Any suggestions as to how to boot from hard disk?

Thanks again

Brian