Win98 and Debian

Hiyas. I'm pretty much new to Debian and Linux in general. I'm going to be getting a copy of Debian 2.0 in the next few days on CD, so basically what I want to do is install it on my main machine on another drive. I have a 6.4 gig running windows 98 on FAT32, and a spare 1.2 gig which I want to put Linux on. I pretty much want to be able to run the two without them conflicting with each other, and maybe even working together. I hope to have it running this way at least until I get more familiar with Linux, and then maybe I'll go straight Linux

System Specs:
PII 300
64 Meg PC100 SDRAM
6.4 gig and 1.2 gig IDE HDD
32X IDE CDROM
Trident 9680 2mb PCI Video card

Dunno if any of that is relevant, but thanks none the less :)

                - Shaun Greene