DAT Autoloaders

>I have just installed a Seagate STD28000N (aka ARCHIVE Python
>04687-XXX Rev: 6580 according to dmesg).

Greetings,

Been a while since I've been around on this list, however things have
progressed.  I have successfully installed two older Compaq EISA Pentium 90
machines, each wtih 4 gigs of space, and 128MB of RAM, all of which are
visible to the respective machines.  On the first machine, I have mounted
two 7-changer CDROMs which seem to work just dandy, and the second machine,
has an ADIC 4mm Virtual Library.  The two Sony 4mm DATs inside are visable,
and I successfully did a backup, by moving the robot arm out of the way,
inserting a tape, performing a backup with TAR per the how-to's, then eject.

My question is as follows:  Does anyone know of a piece of software,
driver, or something that enables the robot arm to move?  I have the
documentation somewhere, so if I could just send SCSI commands, I could use
a script scheduled by CRON to achieve what I'm trying to do.

Thanks in advance!

Frederic Breitwieser
Fairfield County CT
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/