booting from 2nd IDE interface

Hi all,

	I've a LILO question.  The lilo docs say that MAYBE ones bios will
allow booting from a drive on the second IDE interface (hdc of hdd).
Apparently, I can as I have been booting Deb 1.3 from hdc.

	I have since installed Deb 2.0 to hdd, but when I make an
appropriate entry in /etc/lilo.conf and run lilo, I get the following error:

	Warning: BIOS drive 0x82 may not be accessible

And, in fact, I cannot boot the kernel on hdd.  My question is therefore, if
I can boot from hdc, should I not be able to boot from hdd ?

If I remember correctly, 0x82 means major number 8, minor #2.  This is sda2
on my box.  I have no scsi devices. Anyone know what is going on ?  Here is
an excerpt from lilo.conf:

------------ begin excerpt --------------
boot=/dev/hda3
compact