RE: ATAPI CDROM problem (NEC-260)

Starting sometime around 2.0.33 kernel, I have had to put
append="hdc=cdrom" in lilo.conf.  My home system has both
an internal zip and a cdrom.  I have to use the append line
whether there is a zip drive present or not.  It just seems
to get the cdrom wrong.  Just give it a hint in lilo.conf
and things will be ok.

My zip looks like a hard disk.  I don't know if it is an ide
floppy or not.  I believe the imation(sp?) 120mb superdisk is
an ide floppy.

jim