RXVT does not refresh text when scrolled

Hi,

I have Debian 2.0 installed on my intel PC.

I played around in dselect intially and unselected
some packages and selected some others. Luckily
everything worked. Well, almost. I have one very irritating problem.
rxvt, xterm etc. do not refresh the text when I scroll.

Currently I do not have xterm installed. I have rxvt version 2.4.5-14
installed. When I scroll, text belonging to the new screen overwrites
the text belonging to the old screen and as a result everything is a
mess. I have to click the refresh menu option in the screen menu. BTW,
I am using wmaker-0.20.3-1.

I am not sure what else I should include in this email to help figure
out what the problem might be. Any pointers/help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

deepak nulu