Re: How to mail a file?

Hello,

Horacio:
> - How would I gzip and/or tar the file?

Yes.

If you use tar, you can use the `z' option instead of separate compression
(but note that some other versions of tar don't have that).

> Would this process take place before encoding?

Yes.

> - And digital signing and/or encrypting?

pgp - note that pgp will take care of compression and encoding

> (the above two questions refer to "doing it all in one go", ie. just one line
> of commands)

tar cf - file1 file2 | pgp -feas key-id | mail -s subject recipient

> - should graphics files be treated as binaries, as far as
> uuencoding/mimencoding is concerned?

Yes, but if you are encrypting, you don't need to worry about that.

HTH

Jiri <jiri@baum.com.au>