Re: Setting up diald.

On Sun, Jan 17, 1999 at 10:22:22PM -0500, Chris Hoover wrote:
> I'm having to reset up my system after a hard drive crash, and am having
> a hard time getting diald setup.  I've tried to set it up using the
> provides scripts and examples, but they don't seem to be working.  I
> remember when I first set it up, I was directed to a good page on the
> web where someone detailed how they set it up.  Does anyone know where
> that page or one like it might be?

Well, I just used the faq in /usr/doc, and trial and error... something as
simple as having an option that says "Would you like to use diald?" in
pppconfig would have been nice, of course, but anyway :) I've attached my
/etc/diald/diald.options in the hope that they may be helpful (your setup
may vary, and of course it needs to be edited).

--
Rafael Kitover
rkitover@io.com
fifo /var/run/diald.fifo
accounting-log /var/log/diald.log
mode ppp
connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/chatscripts/provider"
device /dev/ttyS2
speed 57600
modem
lock
crtscts
mtu 1006
mru 1006
window 4024
local 192.168.0.1
remote 192.168.0.2
two-way
dynamic
reroute
defaultroute
proxyarp
pppd-options noauth asyncmap 0 lcp-echo-interval 30 lcp-echo-failure 4 noipx
connect-timeout 90
dial-fail-limit 2
died-retry-count 0
include /etc/diald/standard.filter