MAJOR Problems in dselect.

hi,             (Thanks pann)

	OK, something went really wrong during dselect process and I need help.

After I install the base system and went ahead to dselect(after reading
the dselect for beginner manual of course). I am new at dselect so I
accidently selected and installed alot of packages that I don't want.
I also removed something that I don't know what. To make the story short
I think I really screwed it up.
Now here is the question.
	-How do remove all of the packages that I installed and go back
         to the situation when only the base system is installed(to
         basically start fresh on dselect again)?

There is also another problem. before I use dselect, I can mount and
un-mount my cdrom.
The cdrom line in the /etc/fstab looks like this:
		/dev/sbpcd  /cdrom  iso9660  noauto,ro,user

And when I use dselect for the first time, at ACCESS it works when I put
in /dev/sbpcd for device block. But after I installed the packages(alot
of packages including the kernel-2.0.33) accidently, I CAN'T access my
/cdrom anymore. I put in /dev/sbpcd for device block at ACCESS again it
said can't find device block or driver is not install or something
in that nature. I try INSTALL and it said the same.

I exited dselect and went to /etc/fstab and saw that everything is like
before but now I can't mount my cdrom like before. My mounting point is
/cdrom and did create a directory called /cdrom.
	-Anyone knows the problem here? Do I need to reinstall the whole
	base system again to get the cdrom driver (sbpcd) for my system to
	recognize my cdrom? Or there is another way to get this fix?

Thanks,
--
Tam
ttm22@dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu