Re: Help with 2 LAN Cards

ntodd@platinum.co.uk wrote:

> Thanks for reading this e.mail.
>
> I am looking for some help. I currently have 2 LAN cards, using the "lance"
> driver. How do I get the 2nd card to configure?
>
> I am missing the step required to set up "eth1", I believe I can get tcp/ip
> running after that.
>
> This is part of an exercise I am doing to set up a firewall.
>
> Any help will be acknowledged, if the answer is RTFM, which manual/man page
> ??
>
> Thanks
>
> Nigel Todd
>
> --
Don't know the specifics about your card and it's drivers.  But, when I
run two 3Com 3c509's, I have to add the following line to my lilo.conf
so it will see both cards: append="ether=3,0x210,eth1" (irq,mem,ethX).

If you know that information, you might add it, and see if that helps.

To configure it you would just use ifconfig.  Look in the
/etc/init.d/network file, and see how you are ifconfing'n the first
card, and duplicate for the second.

Chris