Re: Help with 2 LAN Cards

Hello Nigel:

Look in /etc/init.d/network. In there you will see a series
of variable definitions and network commands. Create the
same setup (in that file with different numbers) for your
second NIC.

Then reboot, and away you go

Peter

ntodd@platinum.co.uk wrote:

> Thanks for reading this e.mail.
>
> I am looking for some help. I currently have 2 LAN cards, using the "lance"
> driver. How do I get the 2nd card to configure?
>
> I am missing the step required to set up "eth1", I believe I can get tcp/ip
> running after that.
>
> This is part of an exercise I am doing to set up a firewall.
>
> Any help will be acknowledged, if the answer is RTFM, which manual/man page
> ??
>
> Thanks
>
> Nigel Todd
>
> --
begin:vcard
n:Iannarelli;Peter
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:GenX Internet Laboratories Inc.
adr:;;20 Madison Ave.;Toronto;Ontario;M5R 2S1;Canada
version:2.1
email;internet:Peter.Iannarelli@genxl.com
title:Engineer
tel;fax:1+ 416 929 1056