mail to multiple machines

Hallo all,
	I'm not all that well up on how mail works so it's a bit of a mess at the moment,
but here's my current problem.
	I have two user accounts set up on my machine at home, this one for the Debian
group and my 'normail' login account. It's like this for two reasons, firstly to keep Debian
mail separate from my normal mail and secondly because I know diddly about routing mail to
different mailboxes for a single user.
	Now I've just bought a laptop and set up my normal login account on that, but not
this Debian account. If I now connect to my SMTP server, what happens to my mail?
Both machines have a domain name of spoiler.demon.co.uk so will all the mail destined
for this account be downloaded regardless of which machine connects? So if I do connect
with the laptop and this account doesn't exist what happens to the mail? I thought all undeliverable
mail went to the 'postmaster' but that hasn't happened. So where's it gone?

tb