problem with video card

Hi there,

I hope this won't be too much of an off-topic.

I recently had to change my video card (S3 Trio64V+, 2MB) for a new one
(from SuperProbe:

Chipset:
S3 VIRGE/DX (PCI probed)

Memory:
2048 Kbytes

RAMDAC
Generic 8-bit pseudo-color DAC (with 6-bit wide lookup tables (or in
6-bit mode))

Now, the problem is that it doesn't give any trouble in W95, but it does
with Linux:  every now and then I get like one or two "refreshing-like"
movements on my screen.  I thought this also happened during bootup with the
BIOS, although I believe it's just when LILO is loading up.  I contacted
with the monitor manufacturer (Philips 104I SVGA) and could give me no
support on this problem.

Anyone knows what could be going on?

Although this doesn't seem to be related, I also changed the box for a ATX
one (the mainboard had support for AT and ATX).

TIA

--
Un saludo,

Horacio