Re: CR key broken ?

Nidge Jones wrote:
> At the Linux prompt all is well, nothing appears to be wrong. However start
> something like JOE (editor) up and the CR doesn't insert when you hit it,
> it just wraps to the next line. For example, if you are half way through a
> line of text, and you hit CR, the second half of the line will drop to a new
> line , and all other lines drop down to make room, yes !
>
> But not here, if I do such an action, the text will just drop ontop of the
> line below, making editing impossible.
>
> Now the problem doesn't persist if I start JOE (or the likes) in a SCREEN
> session, or indeed if I export the TERM type to VT102 or 220.

If you're only seeing this problem in joe, it's probably not that CR isn't
working, and not that joe doesn't understand you've hit CR, but that joe
doesn't properly update the screen when you do. You can test this by editing
a file in joe and saving it and then looking at it with less or more and
seeing if the CR's are really where you put them.

Unfortunatly, joe has a very odd, messed up little termcap library all its
own. It doesn't seem to work very well when used from things like windows
telnet.

--
see shy jo