Re: How to use mingetty instead of getty ?

   Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 09:40:15 +0000
   From: Raghavendra Bhat <ragu@vsnl.com>

   Hello:

   I want to replace getty with mingetty as it uses minimal resources. I tried
   changing getty to mingetty in /etc/inittab but it did not work. How do I go
   about it on a Debian 2.0 box.

hmm...
works for me in Debian 2.0. Just remove any options concerned with
getty speed. Below is part of my /etc/inittab. And don't forget to
install mingetty

1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty1
2:23:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty2

   Why is Debian using getty as the default
   instead of mingetty which is the default in a Red Hat box ?

i have no idea

   ragOO, VU2RGU.

OK