login: is md5_crypt anabled?

Hi

Going through my /etc/login.defs I found this passage:

#
# Only works if compiled with MD5_CRYPT defined:
# If set to "yes", new passwords will be encrypted using the MD5-based
# algorithm compatible with the one used by recent releases of FreeBSD.
# It supports passwords of unlimited length and longer salt strings.
# Set to "no" if you need to copy encrypted passwords to other systems
# which don't understand the new algorithm.  Default is "no".
#
#MD5_CRYPT_ENAB no

So I wondered if MD5_CRYPT is defined.

How to check comp. options in general?

Greetings
--
Alexander N. Benner; Nikodemus@innocent.com; Nikodemus@irc #IXThYS & #Hosanna

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Messiah: for it is the power of God
unto salvation to every one that beliveth; _to the Jew first_ and also to the
Gentiles. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to
faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.       ROMANS 1:16-17