Re: dosemu and freedos

The following is based on my hamm system. Is there much different between hamm
and slink from dosemu and mtools points of view ?

> Hi
>
> Looking through past messages of this list it seems that the freedos shipped
> with Debian (Slink) doesn't support lredir. Is their any point shipping it
> then as this seems to prevent any access to your hard drives.

I think there is a point to leave dosfree in the package. First, it does
support lredir. But, as much as I can tell, you must have a real dos fs to
redirect to. Second, freedos let you verify that everything is working
properly before going furhtere with dosemu. thirdly, if you have sufficient
privileges (and perhaps a suitable config files), it let you use your floppy.
If it is up to me then I will leave freedos with the dosemu package.

> Also the
> "setup-dosemu" program appears to be missing, does anyone know if there is a
> deb with it in or do I need to get it from the sources.

I do not know about it.

> Finally is it possible to add a program to the hdimage.first using mcopy,
> whenever I try it I get an error thus:-
>

> dasterdly:/home/pcolbeck/tsmain/USERS/PCOLBECK# mcopy ./NET33X.EXE g:
> Internal error, dirty end too big 8800 6e00 1a00 28160
> Streamcache allocation problem:G 3
> dasterdly:/home/pcolbeck/tsmain/USERS/PCOLBECK#

[23:54:02 shaul]$ ls -l /var/lib/dosemu/hdimage.first
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root       444544 Dec 31 19:24
/var/lib/dosemu/hdimage.first
[23:54:13 shaul]$ su
Password:
[23:54:18 shaul]# grep n: /etc/mtools.conf
#drive n: file="/var/lib/dosemu/diskimage" offset=3840
drive n: file="/var/lib/dosemu/hdimage.first" partition=1 offset=128
[23:54:29 shaul]# mcopy n:/config.sys .
Copying config.sys
[23:54:52 shaul]# mcopy -o config.sys n:
Copying config.sys
[23:55:01 shaul]# exit
exit
[23:55:04 shaul]$