Re: Help with CRON

-> "William" == William Schwartz <wschwartz@apz-applied.com> writes:
->
-> William> I put the following entry into my "crontab" file. (Yea, i
-> William> used "crontab -e" to edit the file as root)
->
-> William> 0-55/5 * * * * root mrtg /mrtg-2.5.4c/mrtg.cfg
->
-> You need a blank line at the end.

nope, not the blank line; he needs \n at the end of line;
joe does NOT add it by default (it can be defined in joers and I think that
should eb the default in debian's joerc)
vi does.
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at Telenor Internet Kosice, Slovakia
 BIC coord for *.sk; admin of netlab.irc.sk; co-admin of irc.felk.cvut.cz