Help with CRON

OK. I can't figure this out. maybe someone can help me real quick.

I'm trying to schedule MRTG to run every 5 minutes. Easy enough?

I put the following entry into my "crontab" file. (Yea, i used "crontab -e"
to edit the file as root)

0-55/5 * * * *     root     mrtg /mrtg-2.5.4c/mrtg.cfg

Now, If I'm reading this right, it should run the "mrtg" command as root
every 5 minutes... Good eh? well, it never runs becuase it never produces
output. If I run the EXACT same command just by itself, it runs just fine.
But it never runs as scheduled.

Any one have any ideas?

Am i using the right crontab file to do it? what am I missing?

Thanks
Will