libc5 docs

Is there any documentation on getting old libc5 programs to work?

It took me a long time to stumble across the information that I need
files from the "oldlibs" section to make things work, but I still can't
get many programs to run.  Specifically, I can't get libc5 X programs to
work (like acroread and WP8).  But, at least some libc5 programs work,
such as RAR.

There is still a lot I haven't figured out about it..  After installing
the oldlibs version of xlib6, dpkg reported it as conflicting with
elf-x11r6lib and xlib...  Is this normal?  And, even though I seem to
have all the oldlibs I would need, I still can't get old X programs to
run.

( \/ ( \/ (__ (__ ) | ~  Scott Scriven (Toy Keeper / XYZZ)    |
 \  / \  /  //  //  | mailto:toykeeper@cheerful.com           |
 /  \ / /  //_ //_  | mailto:scriven@CS.ColoState.edu         |
(_/\_(_/  (___(___) | http://www.vis.colostate.edu/~scriven/  |