Re: StarOffice 5.0 on Debian

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Danny R. Gray wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Does anyone use StarOffice and is there something simple that I'm
> missing?

Hi,
I installed it (with some problems:-)). It works. I did it as follows:

instead of installing it as root and using 'net'-installing I run the
setup-program as a regular user (to be able to use it as a regular
user...).
I circumvented the permission problems by creating the necessary
installing directory 'as root' and by giving to that directory permissions
for any user to write and read and execute.

Before inventing this circumventing method  I tried all the possible
methods to run the setup as su, root, etc. and trying net-installing
etc...
I've got no idea how it should have been done, but it works now.

hvirtane@cc.jyu.fi