Re: Lyx problems - of topic

> Dear Debian user's
>
> I could not compile the source for lyx 1.0.0pre6.  There were some linking
> problems which I could not figure out

you need libforms-dev and xpm4g-dev.  Also, if you have previously had
a debianized lyx, you need to use the

  --prefix=/usr/local

or it gets confused trying to find things, and it helps while playing
to use

 --program-suffux=.pre6
 (or whatever) so that you can tell the binaries apart.

that list is long gone.  It's now lyx-users@lists.lyx.org and
lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org.

> 1. I cannot in Afrikaans write "Dagsê, goeiemôre" etc.  The X compose key
> (Ctrl-Scroll Lock) does not work any more with Lyx and the compose key
> (accent-tie) does not allow êûôâ.

the options-latex has a setting to allow accents on all characters.
Failing that, maybe something in ~/.lyx/lyxrc (i've never used anythign
but english).

> 2. The second problem is that it does no longer produce the Latex
> equivalent of \maketitle in it's output although it shows on the
> screen as it should.  The following (first the lyx file and then the latex
> output with some irrelevant lines removed):

I don't know anything about this, but try .pre8 (tommorowish?).  I
think I saw something about this, and that it's fixed.  I've also
forwarded this to lyx-devel.