SoundBlaster Vibra16 card

Sorry about getting in the tail end of this thread. I just went round and
round with this very same card. I have it working under Debian. This is what I
had to do:

1) Go into the BIOS - PNP/ISA menu and turn off the "Is there a PNP OS
installed?" option. Doing this forces the BIOS to assign default
addresses/IRQ/DMA channels.
2) boot up into Win95 and look at the
control_panel/system/device_manager/sound/properties/resources menu and write
down the addresses/IRQ/DMA settings.
3) reboot into Linux and as root, run pnpdump > /etc/isapnp.conf ; edit
/etc/isapnp.conf and make the file match the settings I got from Win95.
4) configure the sound driver module to the same settings and re-compile &
install the new "sound.o" module. (insmod sound) Of course, /etc/modules has
"sound" listed right after "auto" to insure proper installation on boot up.

As a side note, the SB16 Vibra card of mine uses DMA 0,1 as the stereo
channels and, on loading, the sound driver complains about a bad DMA channel.
However, it works just fine!

--
-= Sent by Debian 1.3 Linux =-
Thomas Kocourek  KD4CIK