Re: Setting Up Newsgroups

On Tue, Jan 12, 1999 at 11:42:50PM -0500, Chris Hoover wrote:
> How do I go about setting up newsgroups on my hamm box?  I installed the
> news servers, but I'm unsure of what to do next.  I just want to pull
> maybe 10 groups down to my local box.

Your article leaves many open questions: Which newsserver did you install,
what do you mean with "I installed the news server_s_"? You don't need more
than one. Can you use UUCP or do you have to use NNTP? With the few groups you
want to get, wouldn't slrnpull be an option? If you don't like slrn, then
probably not but then maybe leafnode could be used instead of a full blown
newsserver?

What you have to do next is basically create the groups locally on your system
and tell your computer to fetch articles from your ISP's newsserver.