Boa and ProFTPd from inetd?

Hi all!

I was wondering if somebody could tell me what I have to do to get these
services to run properly from inetd?  (Apparently they don't bother to
configure themselves in the least for it!)

I tried manually adding a line to my inetd.conf file, (and then killall -1
inetd), which didn't seem to work.  (It solved the Connect refused, but not
I get Service not available.)  At least for proftpd, there was an example
line included, which I tried:

ftp stream tcp nowait root      /usr/sbin/proftpd proftpd

I also tried using lines which looked like those that were there, eg,
/usr/sbin/tcpd instead of proftpd (as the first arg, of course.)  But,
neither seems to work.  (They both seem to give the same response.)

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

	-Ajay

(And please cc replies to me, as I'm not currently subscribed to the mailing
list.  How come nobody uses the ngs btw?  (Well, let me try! ;))

(And yes, I tried similar lines with boa.. but just get 503s.. And yes, I
removed (just did 'cd /etc/init.d ; mkdir tmp; mv boa proftpd tmp') these
two services, since I so infrequently need them I don't want them (or much
else, especially not tamad (Ohh no!! ;)) running all the time..)

Thanks!