Re: Installation

> > I have a second 1.2 gig drive I setup with  a 1 gig Linux partition and
> > a 100K swap partition with Partition Magic.
> > Reading the Debian manual is confusing. It talks about a lot of floppy
> > disks. It sounds like the days of when windows came on 28 floppys.
> > Isn't there something that says like "Put CD in drive. Type setup and
> > follow instructions."
> > Most all of the messages on the list have very cryptic commands in them
> > that look like Greek to me, so I am afraid I won't know what to type
> > when the CD starts processing. Where does one find what all the commands
> > mean? There is no Glossary in the manual.
> > HELP!
> > TIA
> > SAM

Hi Sam!

There should be an image of 'the installation floppy' as well on the first
cd as well, if your pc doesn't support booting from cd. Look for a
directory called 'images' or something like that. There is as well
instructions how to make an image of that installation floppy.

If you'll boot using floppy or cd the installation will be easy anyway.
Just follow the instructions appearing on the screen after 'booting

I found it to be a good method to install only the base first and to start
after rebooting dselect again and to install xwindows only after that.
With dselect you can easily install any needed packages with starting
dselect any time.
For configuring xwindows you'll need especially knowledge about your
monitor exactly as your manual is telling... xwindows setup is very
easy, however...

hvirtane@cc.jyu.fi