Re: Building pcmcia-modules - problem

On Tue, Jan 12, 1999 at 03:47:23PM +0800, Lindsay Allen wrote:

> When I build pcmcia-modules as per instructions I get a file called
> pcmcia-modules-2.1.131-3.0.5-9_i386.deb  and it depends on
> pcmcia-cs = 3.0.5-9.

> The problem is that I have pcmcia-cs_3.0.6-2 installed, so the new package
> will not install.  I have just spent an hour trying to figure out how this
> works, but no success, so I guess I'm not ready for my developer wings
> just yet.  Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

If you force it to install it will probably compile to produce something
that works.  Use "dpkg --force" IIRC.

If you are trying to get something that works with kernel 2.2 you'll need
a different version anyway - there's a snapshot on the upsream author's
FTP site.  I can't remember the exact URL, but if you search on DejaNews
it should appear (linux-kernel appears as group fa.linux-kernel).

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/