Re: Upgrade Info needed

On Wed, Jan 13, 1999 at 07:28:01AM -0700, Dan Furtney wrote:

> I am under the impression that there is a way to do version upgrades
> without reinstalling the entire system. True? If I were to get the 2.0 CD,
> how big of a chore would it be to upgrade to Slink or even Potato.

Absolutely true. slink or potato from hamm will be a piece of cake. One
word of advice: if you're new to debian, go ahead and install hamm and
then _WAIT_ until slink is _RELEASED_ before you upgrade.

After you've been through that scenario, and if you read this list
regularly, go for potato whenever you like (and at your own risk).

> Are there any kind of administrative tools in the distribuitions? (Other
> than adduser, useradd etc....).

Uh, I use vi a lot.  ;->

> Suggested Debian specific books?

http://www.linuxpress.com