Re: how to umount /floppy with superblock error?

I'm afraid I can not help. I experienced the same problems when someone
tried to mount the damaged floppy or CD-ROM in my debian-linux server.
Sometimes the server seemed to get completely frozen (I'm not sure if it
could recover without my intervention, I couldn't wait so long and
rebooted my machine after 10 ~ 30 minutes :-().
It seems to me that although generally Linux is much more stable than M$
systems, the removable media support is the unfamous exception
there...
The possibility of supporting almost all available filesystems is really
impressive, but the danger that someone (or even me) may accidentally lock
my computer, just by mounting the floppy stored too near to the magnet, is
a little :-) annoying.

				Wojtek Zabolotny
				wzab@ipe.pw.edu.pl