AGP Suppot

Does anyone know if Debian/XWindows supports the AGP slot? I have a Diamond Fire GL Pro 1000 and this card is not listed when I go to set up X Windows. I have to choose "Unsupported VGA" and the resolution on this setting sucks!!!! Also, it causes the screen to be shifted about 1.5 cm to the left and goes beyond the boundry of the display on the top and bottom. If I can't get support for at least 1024X768 it's almost not even worth using Linux (yes, I'm spoiled). Admittedly, my dist. of Debian is over a year old....... the kernel version is 2.0.29. Any suggestions?

Tom